This may not apply to you. Then again it might. Do you have a cat who lets you live with them? Does the cat like to lay right beside your computer as you are writing? Does the cat have hair?
Cats shed. And some of the hair may get stuck in the fan in your computer. Yes, it might.
I have a cat. No, actually, I don’t. My cat allows me to live with him. I work for my cat. My cat, Pooh Hodges, is a writer. Unfortunately he doesn’t have thumbs. I am his typist. He dictates and I type. He has his own blog, www.thecatwhowrites.com
The last few days my computer has been very loud. Today it was running hot. Very hot. So hot it shut down. Yes, the computer shut down. “Phttttttt,” and then complete silence, a black screen.
I brought my Dell Inspiron to Best Buy tonight, the store where I purchased it, a year and a half ago, with a Super Duper, Best Buy, Geek Squad Warranty.
They wanted to keep my computer for four days at the Geek Squad Computer Hospital. I said, could you just pop off the back of the computer and check my fan? I am a typist for a cat. The cat likes to sit by my fan.
She came back in about ten minutes with a wad of cat hair that had been stuck in the fan.
“Look what we found,” she said, “I think your computer problem is fixed.”
Yes, Pooh Hodges, the cat who writes, had shed into the fan on my computer, and completely stopped it from turning.
Important Advice if you are a typist for a cat
- Do not let the cat sit by the fan on your computer.
- If you computer starts to get really loud something is wrong.
- If your computer gets really, really, hot you may have cat hair in the fan.
- Do not open the bottom of your computer and try to fix it yourself if you have a warranty. It voids the warranty.
- Ask your cat to sit on your lap when they dictate their stories not beside the fan.
Do you do have a cat to run your life?
I love my cat. Even if he sheds.