I heard a parent in the store say to her son sitting in the shopping cart, “Stop whining! No! Y0u may not have a toy”
“Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese, may I have a toy?”
“Will you promise to be nice?”
Then she bought him a toy.
The parent just taught their child to whine.
How to teach your child to whine
1. When you child whines always get them what they ask for.
2. Do not teach your child to speak in a normal voice when they ask for something. Allow them to whine.
3. When they ask to you get them something, be sure to not require a please and thank you.
4. Never stick to your word. Never. The child must think you will eventually give in, so don’t stick to your word. No really means maybe.
5. Say no, and then after they ask you for the item at least ten or more times, change your mind and give it to them.
Want to raise children who will be happy adults? Teach them not to whine.
How to teach your child not to whine
1. No means no.
2. No means no.
3. No means no.
4. No means no.
5. No means no.
And you? Did you teach your child to whine?
I did. Now I am practicing saying, “No means no.”